The abdulsalami Abubakar Institute for Peace & Sustainable Development Studies (AAIPSDS) is inviting prospective participants who are interested in acquiring knowledge and skills on the partners of rapid transformation of Nigeria, which are peace and development.
- Provide a sound knowledge base on the significance of gender perspective in peace building practice:
- Enhance awareness and skills in the application of national and international legal frameworks in Peace building;
- Develop practical skills in conflict analysis and resolution
- Build the capacity of women to develop cultural friendly strategies for engagement peace-building form the community to the national level.
- Enhance women’s participation in elective offices at various levels of governance and
- Develop an action plan for working for peace, good and inclusive governance.
- Field staff/personnel in Conflict and Post-Conflict zones
- Government official with relevant responsibilities
- Women in Military and Para-Military Organizations
- Personnel of Women Development Associations and Community based Organization
- Actors in the Civil Society
- Women Community leaders and Title holders
- Women in Active Politics
Date: 11th – 16th April, 2010.
Resource Persons: Knowledgeable & seasoned practitioners with International experience in peace building practice
Venue: Merit House, Maitama, Abuja
Course fees: (N330,000.00) (participants from Abuja only N430,000.00) Meals, accommodation, course materials and bags for participants outside Abuja
Mode of payment: Bank draft payable to AAIPSDS, MInna & Cash deposits is acceptable (Intercontinental Bank Plc Minna). Payments should be concluded on or before 9th April, 2010.
Contact: For further details please contact the following
Ms. Diamond Preye Ogodi
Mobile No. 08035095799
Hon. Dr. Bolere E. Keterbu (Ksm)
Founder and Chief Executive
Women, Peace & Development Initiatives
Mobile No: 08065067066 .