- 3 Credits including English or its enquivalent in addition to any of the following:
- A minimum of 2 A level passes
- A lower credit diploma form a recognized institution
- Candidates with merit in NCE or at pass level with a Post – graduate diploma of a lower credit.
- Candidates with a degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences, medical & Allied Health sciences or any field acceptable to the institute.
- In the event that A’ level qualifications are not available, 6 year working experience in any relevant organization in peace making and peace building, plus the O’ level qualifications may be considered.
It is a four semester programme spanning over 12 months. Three semester are residency while the fourth Semester is for project writing and internship.
The Professional Diploma in Peace Development Studies is affiliated to the University of Jos.
Admission forms can be downloaded here or gotten directy from the institute located at Niger State College of Education, Minna. Application forms should be submitted on or before 14th May, 2010.
AAIPSDS would require official transcripts and photocopies of claimed certificates along with the application forms.
Career Interest Statement
A written statement msut be submitted with your application. Autobiographical information describing significant events in your life, academic motivation, interests, professional & volunteer experience as well as career objectives.
Confirmation & Commencement of Lectures
Admission letters will be confirmed & issued as from 25th – 31st, May 2010. the 1st semester lectures will commence on 21st June – 26th of July, 2010.
- Actors in the Civil Society
- Individuals in Military and Paramilitary Organization
- Individuals in Development Organization
- Individuals whose work relates to humanitarian intervention, conflict transformation & peace building in both public & Private sectors.
- Government officials with relevant responsibilities & Other interested individuals.
The course fee is eighty five thousand naira only (N85,000.00) without accommodation.
For further details please contact the following:
Ms. Diamond Preye Ogidi (Director)
Abdulsalami Abubakar Institute for Peace and
Sustainable Development Studies
Niger State College of Education
P.M.B 204, Niger State Nigeria
Mobile No. 234-8035095799,
Mr. Linus Malu (Program Officer)
Pan Africa Strategic & Policy Research
No 302. iju water works road